To Schedule a Crisis Appointment
Appointment scheduling is reserved for applicants whose services have been turned off or are in disconnect status. Crisis programs include Winter Crisis, Summer Crisis and LIHWAP. If your services are on and you do not have a disconnect notice, please review the reverification section below.
Please note that Winter Crisis ends March 31st. Summer Crisis begins July 1st. Any crisis appointment made between those dates will be for LIHWAP (water/sewer) assistance only and no holds will be placed on gas/electric accounts.
Document Submission Details for Appointment:
Document upload information and instructions can be found at the right-hand section of this page. If you are unable to use the online system to submit your application documents, you may submit one of the following ways:.
- Step Forward Main Drop Box - 2203 Superior Ave, Cleveland, OH 44114. Please do not drop off originals.
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must provide all required crisis application documents no less than 3 days prior to the date of your appointment, or you may be asked to reschedule. Failure to provide all documentation may delay your assistance.
Reverifications - To Apply for HEAP, enroll in PIPP Plus, or to Reverify PIPP Plus
Reverify online using the Online Reverification Portal link?
Drop off your completed application and copies of required documents at the HEAP office located above. Reverification applications will be accepted Monday through Thursday each week between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
List of Docs to Provide:
We require the below documents:
- Photo ID: required for each name listed on the gas and/or electric bill
- Social Security Cards: required for all household members. Accepted forms include printouts from Social Security with full SS# on them, Medicare Cards, and OWF SNAP printouts
- Birth Certificates for all household members are required; newborn birth letter is acceptable, anyone else in the household needs a birth certificate on file
- Current gas and electric bills
- Proof of Income is required for the last 30 days for all household members 18 years of age and older. Acceptable documents include SSA, SSI and SSDI award letters, Pension statement, Child Support, Utility Assistance documents
- Individuals paid weekly need the last 4 paystubs
- Individuals paid bi-weekly need 2-3 paystubs (make sure you have all paystubs for the last 30 days)
- Individuals paid semi-monthly need 2 paystubs
- Individuals paid month need 1 paystub
- If paystubs are not available, you will need verification of your income from your employer (i.e. a printout of your last 30 days of pay)
- Seasonal employees are required to provide 12 months of income documentation - if paystubs are not available, a printout from your employer is required
- No Income: if the household has no income, or no verifiable income, you will need the following
- IRS Tax Transcript
- If you filed a tax return, you can call the IRS at 1-800-908-9946
- If you did not file a return, you can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040
- You can go to the IRS website at www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
- You can visit the IRS office in the Federal Building at 1240 East 9th St. Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Please note after reviewing your documents we may request additional information to complete your application.